Members Section Help
To access the members menu, you must be logged in. Click the Login menu item at the top of the page and then enter your user name and password. This will bring up the Members section which will show:
The fixture list shows a list of upcoming fixtures sorted by date. The current status of the fixture will be displayed as follows:
- Closed – fixture not yet available for bookings. Bookings open at midnight, 14 days prior to the fixture date.
- Can book players – fixture is open for bookings.
- Booked as player – indicates you are already booked into this fixture.
- Can book reserves – the fixture is fully booked but you can put yourself, or any other member, on the reserve list.
The fixture details page shows the specific details of a fixture, the current timesheet, and the reserve list for the fixture if there is one.
Making a booking
To make a booking:
- Find a free position on the timesheet and click the [Book] link. If this is your first booking you will be asked to register your credit card details. You will not be able to book without completing this process.
- Your card will be registered with Stripe and stored on their server, NOT on the Vets website.
- Charges will be applied to your card after completion of a fixture. Only those members who actually play in the fixture will be charged. If you book and then cancel, you will NOT be charged.
- After entering your card details you will be taken to a separate page to make a booking, which lists the positions already booked and the available positions.
- Select who you would like to book into each available position using the dropdown box to choose other members.
- If a member’s name does not appear on the drop down list they cannot be booked. This could be due to:
- They have not as yet registered their credit card
- They are unfinancial
- Scroll down to the bottom and click the Make Booking button.
- If your booking was successful:
- You will get a Success popup message. Click OK.
- You will be brought back to the fixture details page
- You should see all the bookings you made in the fixture timesheet
- If you booked members other than yourself, they will receive email notification of your booking
- If your booking was successful:
While you are making a booking in a time slot, nobody else can make a booking in it. Others will see “Booking in Progress” while your booking is in progress. To keep it fair, you must complete your booking in the 2 minutes allocated, and you can only book one time slot at a time. If you do not complete your booking in time, none of the users you have selected will be booked, and you will be brought back to the fixture details page.
Cancelling a booking
To cancel a booking you made, or a booking someone made for you, click on the [X] next to their name. If you are cancelling someone else’s booking, they will be sent email notification of the cancellation. You will also receive email confirmation of the cancellation.
Making a reserve booking
If there are no free positions in any time slots, you can add a reserve to the Reserves list.
To add a reserve:
- Scroll down to the Reserves list
- Choose the member you would like to add as a reserve
- Click the Add button
- As with making an ordinary booking, if there is an error then it will be displayed
- Otherwise, the member will be added to the Reserves list
- When a member who is booked into a position on the field cancels, the first reserve member will be upgraded into the vacated position and they will be sent an email confirming their upgrade to the timesheet.
Cancelling a reserve booking
To cancel a reserve booking for a member, click the [X] next to that members name. You may only cancel reserve bookings for reserves you booked, or if you are the reserve in question.
Booking Members’ Guests
Guests and future potential members are welcome at any fixture, subject to availability on the timesheet.
The Captain has sole discretion to approve entry of guests onto the timesheet. If you wish to bring a guest, contact the Captain, making sure you have their name, Club and Golflink number ready, and the Captain will, if approved, enter their details on the timesheet.
This is a table of all the fixtures that are booked for the current calendar year.
Fixtures change from time to time as individual clubs fixture commitments change. These changes will be updated on this table.
All committee and Annual General Meeting minutes are posted on the website and can be accessed here.
This is a register of all current members with their phone numbers.
It is important that any changes in your contact details are given to the Secretary to update on the website.
You can access and update your account details here.